Friday, March 20, 2009

Our first kayak!!

Dave and I decided on a sit-on-top tandem and got one on a great sale! My parents came out to visit shortly after we bought it and Dave and I got to take it out for a date...well, we took each other out for a date, the kayak was the date. :) Here are my feet. :)
Here is my finger. :)

Here is a great view. :) We had a lot of fun and this trip helped me realize how safe and awesome this hobby will be for our family. I have always loved being out in the water (as long as I don't think about the many fish that could be swimming under me!) When we lived in Laclede, we used to float around in a little raft on the water. My parent's house was on a slough of the Pend Orielle River. Beaver lived there and we would see them swimming around. It was so beyond fun! This kayaking trip brought back all those great memories. And made me fall in love with kayaking!


Dave wasn't quite ready for me to take this picture. Huh. :) He was hot (well, he's always HOT..but he was uncomfortably warm and shortly after I took this picture he dove into the water to cool off...) Way to go, Dave, for turning 32 and wanting to take up kayaking!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment