Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thoughts on this day..



Tonight, Sebastian asked me why I never go to my blog anymore. I said "I do, sometimes." He suggested I change my blog heading to read "New developments popping up every WEEK." (Instead of every DAY.) Nice suggestion. Maybe I'll just start posting more regularly again. :)
Life gets so busy! My mom came to town, my hubby came back from China, people have birthdays to plan and celebrate, children insist on being fed and clothed and read to...then there is always the never ending job of The Kitchen...the very moment it is sparkly clean and neat, another meal or snack time rolls around!! Or someone wants to color or play with play dough or do school work (okay, so I don't have a whole lot of people lined up, begging for that last one...) It is a very wonderful blessing to have so much to do and so many sweet people to care for. It is a wonderful blessing to have a kitchen to clean and food to prepare to get it messy again. Having a full, busy life is a great blessing that I am learning to keep up with. And that's what it's all about...(no, not the hokey poky as previously believed)...It's all about doing better than you have in the past. I am thankful and so happy that I have the chance, each and every day and a billion times within a day, to do better and try again.....to fail miserably, to flop, to waiver, to mess up and still have a billion zillion gazillion opportunities to pick myself up, take a deep breath, and try again.
It seems especially befitting to be thinking about this today, Easter Sunday. Jesus Christ came to Earth and suffered for all of our sins...bore every pain, every mistake, every heartache, every infirmity, every disappointment to the point that he literally bled from every pore. He did this willingly for us so that we could make mistakes, repent, and try again...as many times as it takes for us to get it right. There is hope in the Atonement! There is hope in the Resurrection of our Savior! There is hope and joy in striving to better ourselves! I am so thankful to have the opportunity to try again tomorrow...and the next day....and the next...I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves me. I am so thankful for a sweet Savior who was willing to suffer pain and anguish immesurable for me, a sinner. I am so thankful for the hope and joy and peace that is found in the gospel of Jesus Christ! Life stomps down and grinds me into the floor sometimes, but even at those times I have a calm reassurance that I am a child of a loving God...I can pick myself up, dust myself off, repent, try again and look to the future with hope! You can too! :)

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing your testimony. i've not heard you do that before. i can always feel your love for your Heavenly Father, but don't hear it from you. and what a good reminder Easter is for all of what you said and more...
    your dad and i will be giving talks this Sunday on prayer. and i've had a chance to think of the million,etc,etc,(like you said up there)times that i've prayed for you, heidi. and for all the other kids in our family. i know you always knew what was right and would be fine. and you are more than fine, you are holding onto that iron rod every day, like you said. i love you and your willingness toward perfection.

    ReplyDelete